3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 10:57 AM by mezdem

Scheduled Report Failing

mezdem

I have been trying to get scheduled reports to work , it has been baffling me whether its the smtp settings which I have changed many times...

I have looked in one of the orion logs called OrionWeb.log and in there it states the below...

2011-02-09 14:19:00,951 [27] ERROR ASP.global_asax - Application_Error: Inner exception
      System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Top_25_High_Circuit_Utilization_-_Peak_Hours_Monday_-_Friday_-_Last_7_Days.OrionReport'.
      File name: 'D:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Top_25_High_Circuit_Utilization_-_Peak_Hours_Monday_-_Friday_-_Last_7_Days.OrionReport'
         at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
         at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
         at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
         at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
         at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
         at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
         at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
         at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
         at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.Load(String filename)
         at Orion_Report.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
         at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
         at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
         at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
         at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
         at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

It is looking for a report in folder:-

Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Top_25_High_Circuit_Utilization_-_Peak_Hours_Monday_-_Friday_-_Last_7_Days.OrionReport'.

But all reports are stored:-

D:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports

Where can I get this corrected??

• Re: Scheduled Report Failing
          mezdem

If no one is having this same issue I will log as a support issue.

Mezdem--

If you don't hear back, do log it as a support case. If you wouldn't mind, please post the case number and any results you get from support back here.

Thanks,

M

mezdem

Sent: 14 February 2011 16:54
                  To: 'SolarWinds, Inc.'
                  Subject: RE: Case Update: 220690 - Scheduled Reports Failing

Hi, I only have the directlink and the admin accounts all rest are NT.

I have tested using the admin account and it works!

I have found it - the DirectLink account did not have the /reports folder setup in the account permissions - I have added this and retested and it works.

Mez

Sent: 14 February 2011 15:33
                  To:  (Corporate Resources)
                  Subject: Case Update: 220690 - Scheduled Reports Failing

Update for Case #220690 - "Scheduled Reports Failing"

Hi Meriel,

Many thanks for forwarding the diagnostics which I have reviewed.

(1) Orion Job log shows:
                  "The HTTP request failed.  The server response was: 500 Internal Server Error"
                  These errors are throw at the same time as the error you originally mentioned in the Orionweb.log

I see the DirectLink account is in use. Can you try a different account please as I wonder if this is the cause of the issue?

(2) JobEngineService Errors
                  System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'SolarWinds.JobEngine.Contract.DLL' is denied.