This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can a Node be defined as 'Unpluggable' like an interface is 'Unpluggable'?

We have many remote sites that are connected to the central site via VPN connection over the Internet.  the NOC monitors Orion and when ever a remote (VPN) site is not connected they get a line item showing up in the 'Nodes with Problems' list and they log incidents with an outage.  I have requested they not log incidents on these nodes but they still log them because that is what they are trained to do.  I have set all the interfaces at these sites to be 'Unpluggable' but the node still shows up as a Node with a problem' on the Orion home screen.  I don't want to remove monitoring from these sites because I need to see the bandwidth utilization for each device connected to the remote router / switch and CPU and memory utilization on the router.

Can a Node be set to 'Unpluggable' so the NOC will not see the device on the 'Nodes with Problems' list on the Home page?

• aohlemacher--

Marked for PM to review.

Thanks for the feedback.

M

• I think it would be a nice idea especially with the new group function.... add a couple of unpluggable nodes to a group and carry over the best status, that way you can avoid having them shown in nodes with problems but still alert if the whole group is down (clustered services/redundant devices).

we wouldn't really need/use it but this would be a use-case for it (we would still want to see if one part of a cluster is down)

EDIT: another use case we would use... we currently monitor several websites and alert if the whole group of them is down (it would then be likely that the internet in our area is down), it would be nice not to see if only one of these websites is down... for myself i would say its a low priority feature request/nice to have but would like to see other feature requests implemented first and bugs fixed :)

• Putting a node as unpluggable is an open enhancement request we have in the system.

So answer is no, today you can only put interfaces into unpluggable.