This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Engineers toolkit band width gauge data retention settings

Hi folks,

I find that when I use the bandwidth gauges at 3 sec polling intervals that it only keeps roughly 30 min of stats total. Is there a way to adjust this retention period to a larger time period. I know it's a lot of data points that are being kept at this polling interval but we would have regular use for 3 sec polling at much longer intervals than 30ish minutes.

Also where do the bandwidth gauges store their historical data when running? Is it  purely in memory or is there a temp file created?

cheers

• Ciag,

There is no way to adjust the number of data points. We set a maximum of 500. So at 3 second polling that gives you about 25 minutes of history. Data points are not saved. They are in memory while the gauge is running.

--

Steve

• Hi Steve,

yeah I kinda figured there wasn't a way to adjust it. Thanks for the additional info and for your reply.

Cheers :-)

• Is there a reason for the limitations on data points? I've noticed this on other tools as well.

Thanks!

• FHR-Phil,

Testing showed that the chart control was able to maintain responsiveness on the average system with that many data points. Each system will be somewhat different though.

I have entered "making the data points configurable" as a feature request in our product road map. I can't speak to what version that feature might show up in or any dates.

Note that the Workspace Studio let's you adjust the data points in each of its charts. You can adjust them by time or by data point count. There is a hard limit of 10,000 data points as the chart gets cluttered and unreadable with too many data points.

--HTH

Steve