3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 11:11 AM by fxlugo

unable to assign local shares

fxlugo

I just added a new server so I could do a file analysis on a server to get the local share information.  I checked the permissions on the share and everything is correct however I am not able to see the local shares when I try to assign them.  What else can I look for that could be the problem?

• Re: unable to assign local shares

Have you resolved this issue yet? What is the O/S that the agent is running on? More details would help to resolve this issue.

ctanner

[assuming this is Windows] if you open a windows explorer window and put \\<serverip> in the address bar (replacing <serverip> with the IP address of the local server) do you see the shares? 

fxlugo

yes it is windows, it finally worked.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with excluding the available drives for FA?  Cause I installed the client mid afternoon and the local shares didnt show up, I waited till I posted earlier and still nothing.  So I excluded the volume that the shares were on.  when I got in this morning the local shares where available for assignment. 

I dont see why it would take more than an hour to make sure the shares are correct.  I did notice that 1 share everyone was not on the share permissions but was on the other share.  Wondering if that could have been it?

But issue is resolved.