This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Account Limitations based on Groups: Not Working as Expected

I have attempted to setup some account limitations based on the new Groups; however, this did not work as expected.

I configured a user account to be limited based on one specific group.  My expectation was that the account would then only have access to see objects in that group, this was not the case.  The account seems to still have access to everything in Orion.

Is this working as expected or am I doing something wrong or just missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

• No, you did it right.  This is a known oversight/limitation.

You can limit the user to which groups they see in the groups page in Orion, but they still can see all nodes in the all nodes resource etc.

I already have an item filed against this.

• Ah, at least it's not me.  Thanks for the quick response.

As I noted in a different thread, I think this would be a great method for Account Limitations going forward and would allow you (SolarWinds) to deprecate the old Account Limitation system and move it all into the WebUI... assuming it is fixed.

I will look forward to a fix for this and will re-attempt to use it then, thanks again!