This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

The wizard was unable to register the OrionNPMWeb.dll

FormerMember
FormerMember

well, upgrade time again...  and yet again Solarwinds fails...  again we have the same error we always get...

"The wizard was unable to register the OrionNPMWeb.dll"

I am going through the KB article, but as everyone knows, it is only 50% likely to work, so I am just biding my time now until SW help desk opens so i can log yet another call to fix something that should have been fixed in this installer a long time ago...

I will come back and update if the KB article fixes it, but still i am AGAIN very disappointed with the solarwinds upgrade procedure...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

i think i will use this post as a blog through this installl  

The perm fix KB worked this time, thougth i am yet to try and upgrade the additional web server, so expecting more trouble there

trying to upgrade the additional pollers now, and yahoooo...  the installer will not launch...  it does a check of the installer file, then exits with no message and it never comes back...

have to love upgrades....  think it might be time for cacti to take over LOL

come on SW... sort it out... seriously...

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

update...  on 3 of my 5 additional pollers, the installation kicked off OK, but on 2 of them and the additional webserver, the installer woudl not run, it just verified, went to 70% of the progress bar and then exited with no message

i rebooted the problem servers, but no joy

then logged off from Local-administrator, and logged back on as Domain-administrator, and the installer would launch...

now i am working through each of the pollers... 

this upgrade is taking the longest time ever for the config wizard to complete...  i hope the SP1 does not take as long

• FormerMember

update:  i think the 3rd poller upgrade has hung on the "configuring netflow traffic analyser"  which is not even used ont his damn poller, and i only have a tiny amount of netflow going to the box...

what on Earth next...

• FormerMember

OK, i have had to kill off the config wizard on the 3rd poller...  the other poller upgrades woudl not proceed as they thought the wizard was still running, so i have had to reboot the server.

I am now trying the upgrade on another poller...

I need a break from this, but have 30 minutes left of my maintenance window, which started at 5.30am...  what a joke...

• FormerMember

OK, after a while of the progress bar seeming to hang on the next poller too, the install seems to have gone through on the 2nd poller upgrade.

I have no tried to get into system manager to stop the baseline to stop the database getting hammered, but it now hangs too, and will not load on any server

i wonder will this be a record number of problems with a SW upgrade

• FormerMember

Update:

the pollers have started to move...  i have 4 out of 5 done now..  just doing the additional webserver....

not sure what is going on but i am going to keep fingers crossed

• FormerMember

OK, just as the SW support centre opened, I managed to get it working.... 

all pollers upgraded.  i did get a bit of good news though, i just found out from SW that Sp1 for 10.1.1 is included in the download i took down last night, so i am actually, by a miracle, complete inside the maitnenance window by 1 minute LOL...