This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report on Interface Duplex Setting

I want to create a report listing all the interfaces of a switch with the duplex settings.  How would I get this info?

Thanks

• You will need a UnDP to collect the duplex setting. Most (cisco) devices support the etherlike mib so 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.7.2.1.19 would be a good place to start. Then edit the Current Interface Status report in Report Writer to include the new data

• Ok,  I created the custom poller for that MIB.  I then edited the report but I don't see how to display the results of the poller.

Thanks

• If the custom poller option doesn't appear in the drop downs you may need to experiment with other report types or it might be simpler to start a new report and select the sql option then paste something like

SELECT     CustomPollers.UniqueName, Interfaces.InterfaceName, CustomPollerStatus.Status

FROM         CustomPollerStatus INNER JOIN

CustomPollerAssignment ON CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID INNER JOIN

CustomPollers ON CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID INNER JOIN

Interfaces ON CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = Interfaces.InterfaceID

WHERE     (CustomPollers.UniqueName = N'dot3StatsDuplexStatus')

into it 

Add as many fields from the interfaces table as you need

dot3StatsDuplexStatus should be replaced by the name you gave your UnDP

• FYI, this UnDP didn't work for me for my routers, but the UnDP here did.  good luck