6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2011 3:07 AM by theknat

Network Weathermap

charlesdf22

Is anyone aware of any type of Solarwinds/ Network Weathermap functionality?  The Top 10 page is functional and works well, but we would like to be able to create Business views using a Network Weathermap to show the whole environment in a snapshot without having to wade through the junk.

thanks

• Re: Network Weathermap
          mezdem

In the new 10.1 version you can create groups of objects/devices.

These groups can then have their own home page / summary page where you can add all sorts of bepoke elements.

I am only just tinkering with it now but it good.

You can also add these groups as a whole to an atlas map and add this to your server room layout or campus diagram - it is working great.

I think you need to look at the functioanlity in Atlas there is a lot there I think will work for you.

charlesdf22

Have you been able to link 2 switches together, draw a line and have the line reflect the link utilization?

the only way i have been able to get close to this functionality is to add every component.  Such as add server, add nic, add switchport, add switch, add egress switchport, etc.

theknat

Have you been able to link 2 switches together, draw a line and have the line reflect the link utilization?

the only way i have been able to get close to this functionality is to add every component.  Such as add server, add nic, add switchport, add switch, add egress switchport, etc.

I currently use groups to show sites on a map and draw lines between them to show the status of the links. I show the health of the link by assigning the 2 ports that the link is connected with. You can do that in the properties of the line itself.

Then to show the current utilization, you create create a label for the line and use ${INPercentUtil} ${OutPercentUtil}. This works quite well for us and we have a snapshot of what our inter-site links are currently doing.