7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 10:59 AM by MarieB

MIB Request

mezdem

Hi I keep adding my MIB requests to the usual place, but it is still not added.. how can I get this added - this is now urgent - I have to prove by friday I can support this device - the trial of the appliance ends on Friday 4th.!

Jacarta iMeter - IntelloAmp - 1.3.6.1.4.1.19011.2.3.6.1.2000000202

[View:/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.05.58.32/iMeter.mib.txt]

• Re: MIB Request

Hi mezdem--

I'll let the PM and support know about this. In the meantime, can you tell me all the ways you have tried to upload your MIB?

Thanks,

M

sean.martinez

These MIBs are already in the Database, you will need to dowload the update MIB database in your Customer Portal under Orion MIB Database.

Please Note:

Adding MIBS to the
            MIB Database will not automatically add compatibility to Polling your Device.
            Adding MIBs to the MIB database will only apply in 2 Cases, the Universal
            Device Poller and Traps.

Universal Device
            Poller:

The Universal Device
            Poller (UnDP) can benefit from the MIBs you submit and will help if you do not
            know the OID that you would like to poll. In UnDP, you can browse the MIB tree
            to the MIB in question you would like to create the poller from. If you already
            know what the MIB and/or OID is that you would like to create an UnDP Poller,
            you do not need to have the MIBs added. The only Caveat to this is the
            Formatting of the Values coming in.

-Here is a Video
            Tutorial for Basic and Advanced Universal Device Poller Usage:

This video will show
            you how to add an OID, search MIBs, Transform a MIB result, and create a Table
            to show on your Website.

http://www.solarwinds.com/resources/democenter/Orion/UniversalDevicePollerIntro/index.html?CMP=ILC-TUT-OUDP

Traps:

If you are receiving
            a Trap from this Device, and the MIB for the Trap does not exist in the Current
            MIB Database, it will not display the Correct Data. Updating the MIBs will
            resolve this issue.

Vendor is
            "Unknown":

If the Device is
            showing the Vendor as Unknown, updating the MIBs will not resolve the Unknown
            issue. What happens is that the SysObjectID that we poll is not in our Device
            Database to show the Correct Vendor. To correct this we will need the
            SysObjectID (which you can find in Node Details) in System Manager, Vendor, and
            Model. After we get this information, we can send this to our Development
            for it to be added into the Next Release. Your Device will not gain any functionality after it has been
            added, this is purely cosmetic.

rgward

Vendor is "Unknown":

If the Device is showing the Vendor as Unknown, updating the MIBs will not resolve the Unknown issue. What happens is that the SysObjectID that we poll is not in our Device Database to show the Correct Vendor. To correct this we will need the SysObjectID (which you can find in Node Details) in System Manager, Vendor, and Model. After we get this information, we can send this to our Development for it to be added into the Next Release. Your Device will not gain any functionality after it has been added, this is purely cosmetic.

Sean, thanks for the clarification of the MIB database.  It would really be great if SolarWinds could release a weekly update of the Device Database like is done with the MIB Database rather then have to wait months for the Next Release.  Consider this a feature suggestion.

mezdem

Sean, I replied yesterday - I have already downloaded the MIB database last friday and the week before. The Jacarta InteSepter MIB is in there, tried this and it somehow crashed the device!

I need the iMeter version - to include polling of the IntelliAmp.

Sent: 31 January 2011 17:36
                    To: 'thwack - Automated Email'
                    Subject: RE: MIB Request

I have downloaded and installed the MIB this morning, the Jacarta Intercepter ones are there, but not the iMeter ones..

When I installed the MIB (myself) on my current SNMPc console it came up fine - I want to be able to poll this in Orion as I can this old system!

mezdem

This MIB is still not supported. I can 'get table' from any other snmpc system like snmpc, but orion does not return table data....

There are 27 variables in this sensorIntelliAmpTable - do I have to poll all 27 then combine them back together - or should this get table work for this OID?

I have downloaded a new MIB today.

mezdem

Hope someone can help with this..I have got a little further this morning..

even though I get randomly a timeout or the message tghe OID is not supported - I have managed to get to the stage where it allows me to choose the label for each row returned in the table..

However, once completed The poller just never runs, it seems as soon as I finished configuring the custom poller for this device - the node rebooted. It just is not polling - so it that the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.19011.2.3.6.1.2000000202 is not supported - even though it does return the table columns as shown above?

any help greatly appreciated as I have been trying to get this working for a couple of months now...

Hi mezdem--

Just to be clear--you are trying to get this MIB/OID added for UnDP/Traps purposes?

If so, are you on active maintenance? Then open a support ticket and reference this thread and post back your case number and any anwers you get from support.

Thanks,

M