At this time there is no easy way to propagate a Monitor for a specific service to multiple Devices. This is something we are currently working on (see #4 on IpMonitor: What We're Working On).
Having that said, here's what I would probably do:
- Create one Service Monitor for the service in question.
- Select the Service Monitor and clone it.
- Move the cloned Monitor to the Orphaned Objects Group.
- Go to the Orphaned Objects Group and clone the monitor as many times as required.
- One at a time, modify the settings for a cloned Service Monitor to reflect the Device it will belong to and then move it to the Device it belongs to.
a. Log on to the ipMonitor web console.
b. Click the Configuration tab.
c. Click System Settings.
d. Click Global Behavior Modifiers
e. Click Add.
f. In the Behavior Modifier Name field, enter 'monitors.orphan.enable'
g. In the Behavior Modifier Value field, enter '1'
h. Click OK
i. Click the Devices tab.
j. Find the monitor to move, and then click it to go to the Edit Monitor page.
k. Click Move to Orphaned Objects
Hopefully this helps.
Chris Foley - SolarWinds - Support Specialist
Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125
network management simplified | solarwinds.com
How can I learn more about the "Global Behavior Modifiers"? I don't see any references in the admin guide.