This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

10.0 -> 10.1 update

I have NPM 10.1, NTA 3.7 and NCM 6.0. I'm upgrading license from SL500 to SL2000 but I'd like to do necessary updates also. What is the right way to go forward?

I've already upgraded NTA license, so that's ok. But for NPM, there is 10.1 and couple of hotfixes and SP available. What is the right sequence to install, license first or updates first? If license should be upgraded first, then I'd need to reinstall 10.0 to be able to upgrade license. So it would be more practical to update software first. But in the other hand, if 10.1 still have some bugs, then I'd rather stay on 10.0. I've read about some bugs in 10.1. Are they already corrected? So is it safe to update now?

I've understood it should go like this:

1. backups (of course)

2. NPM 10.1 (needed to be able to upgrade license)

3. Hotfix1

4. SP (hotfix 2 included?)

5. Hotfix 1 again

6. License upgrade

Right?

• Hi lsmo--

Curious why you installed HF 1 twice...did I miss something?

Here's a link about the latest release of NPM: 10.1.1 SP 1.

And here's a link on our very comprehensive upgrade instructions that you can download from you customer portal. If you have the chance, definitely acquaint yourself with these instructions b/c they spell out the upgrade process very clearly.

HTH,

M