This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

do not trigger action until...

I would like to see an addition to the "do not trigger this action until condition exists for more than..." condition of the advanced alerts to test it by polling cycles instead of just a specified amount of time. If my polling cycle is every 2 minutes, and I have a condition which says to trigger an event if it lasts more than 5 minutes, then I know I got 2 polling cycles in there before I alert. However, if Orion performance limitations require me to extend my polling cycle for all devices from 2 minutes to 3 minutes then I have to manually go through all the alerts to change them from 5 minutes to at least 6 minutes in order to ensure 2 polling cycles have elapsed. So I would like to just be able to make my alert dependent directly on the number of polls that have elapsed where the alert condition is triggered. Does that make sense?