This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ability to Categorize Servers as Physicla/Virtual in Node List?

I'm wondering if this is possible somehow.

On the summary page i have the "Node Lists - All Nodes (Tree- AJAX)" setup to display all nodes on our network.

I currently have it setup to group by Vendor.

Right now under the vendor "Windows" i see 35 servers, what i'm wondering is if its possible to create a sub-tree listing under Windows vendor to break it down into Physical servers and Virtual servers.

Ideas on how or if this is even possible.

Thanks.

Chris

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Python,

This can be done using custom properties very easily.  Using the 'Custom Property Editor' located on the main Orion server create a new property under the 'Nodes' table named something like 'Physical/Virtual' or similar and then enter either 'Physical' or 'Virtual' for each row or device.

Once this has been completed return to the main Summary page and amend the 2nd level grouping to be the name of your new custom property!

This means that under 'Windows' you will now have 'Physical' or 'Virtual'

Hope this helps

James

• You could create two node lists and have one with only Virtual one using this filter:

"nodeid in (select nodeid from VirtualMachines)"

and another that is not from that list

"not nodeid in (select nodeid from VirtualMachines)"