9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2011 1:09 PM by rsprim

Network Atlas download and support matrix

rsprim

I'm preparing to release Orion v10.1.1 SP1 HF2 and EOC v1.3 to our Enterprise network (8 sites) and I have version 1.4.0 of Network Atlas.  I typically break it out into a seperate zip file on the install media, however, when service packs, updates to software, etc come out I never seem to know which version is the latest version and what products it supports. 

Would it be possible for SolarWinds to make the current version of Network Atlas available as a seperate download on the portal and provide a matrix for us so we know what products by version the different versions of Network Atlas supports and which ones have been deprecated?  Older supported versions could then be placed in the Archives. 

This sure would make my life and I'm sure many other SolarWinds Admins lives so much easier when it comes to deploying Network Atlas on our workstations.  Since Network Atlas is so critical to our operations, we want to ensure that we have the latest supported version for the software we are running.  

Thanks for listening and the support SolarWinds!

• Re: Network Atlas download and support matrix
          byrona

when service packs, updates to software, etc come out I never seem to know which version is the latest version and what products it supports.

I also struggle with this.  Some type of better documentation indicating what to download and install would be much appreciated.

Hi All--

See The specified item was not found. post for upgrade instructions for SW products. It includes a detailed download matrix.

Also, I'm going to send the writer this thread.

M

rsprim

Marie,

I'm looking for a matrix for Network Atlas, not Orion or the modules.  I'd like to know what versions of Atlas work with what versions of NPM and EOC and I'd like to be able to directly download Network Atlas files from my portal.  This would include both current and archived versions.

I did look at the file you recommended and I would like to submit a feature request.

I'd like for the file date to be appended to the file so I know the currency of the file.  Something like OrionNPMModules-092910.zip would be great.   This would tell me that the last update was made 092910.  The reason is because just looking at the file I can't tell.  I actually have to download it and open it with WinZip to determine this.

Even after downloading the file it was confusing to me because the readme file said it was last updated 09 29 10 but the date on the file is 11/17/10 and the most current document in the docs folder is 12/15/10.  See what I mean?  Putting the date of the last update on the file would help all of us (even the developers) to know when the last update was made.

Robert

Hi Robert--

A thousand apologies for pointing you to the wrong information. Kudos to you for turning lemons into lemonade by offering helpful comments on the upgrade instructions.

Here's what I found out:

• We will update the readme file to have the most current date stamp on it. The file is current, only the date is not.
                      • Unfortunately, we cannot append the filenames to include dates because it could cause issues with our web development dept, who is responsible for uploading the upgrade instructions onto the website. 
                      • In terms of Network Atlas updates--NA is automatically upgraded whenever you upgrade an Orion product so you do not have to download it from anywhere.
                      • Our compatibility matrix writer is working on adding EOC information into the compatibility matrix. I'll post that when it's complete.

Hope this helps you and thanks again for the feedback.

M