This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Labels not Enumerating on Device Poller table

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello all,

I have a Tabulated Universal Device Poller which i have setup to display the Temperatures of my HP Servers. These servers do not have OIDs for the description of where the sensors are located in the system, so i have taken the Index Number, and mapped the values to their textual names, as per recommendations.

The Index OID, I have named as Temp_Location. When I add this Temp_Location to my Poller table, It displays fine as its enumerated text values. If i select that column to be the Label, the text doesnt enumerate and it displays the Raw Values.

To emphasize this, I added the Temp_Location to the table, and also selected it for the Label, making it display twice.

Obviously what i would like is the Temp_Location label, to be displayed as the Enumerated text!

Have i found a bug, or is this on purpose? 

• Unless anyone knows better, that's how it needs to look.

My table for HP server temperatures looks almost exactly the same - I just have a poller called "Temp" instead of your "Temp_Celcius" and use that as the label, to try to avoid confusion in case people try to match up the "label" with sensor locations inside the server. It would be better to just hide the label column completely, but that can't be done out of the box.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to smargh

Ok, so its not just me then. Thats good.

I thought it was just a little strange that labels cant be enumerated. Does anyone have any idea as to why this would be the case?

I suppose for now, using the Temp_Celcius as the label will have to do.