This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ESX Host Details View

I have created a custom ESX Host Details View that I need to be used for a particular customer login, but I can't seem to find where in their account that I can specify that they use this view.  They want to edit it and I won't let them because it changes them globally at this point.

Thanks for any help...

klc2009

• For customers you can specify a specific node view, you can't specify a specific ESX node view that is separate from the normal node view.

• Is that something that will be made available in a coming release?  Seems like it would be pretty simple to add, since it's possible for other views.

• I can't say for sure what is coming and what isn't.

The problem is how views are configured.  For each user you select a node details view, typically you would select the node details view "By Device Type".  When you have "By Device Type" selected Orion will refer to your settings in the Views by Device Type section of the Admin Menu where different device types are hard coded and can have specific views configured for them which is the case with ESX and why you will typically see a different Node Details View for ESX nodes.

The problem is that if you want a user to have the normal Node Details view but a different ESX Node Details view, this isn't possible.

I realize none of this is the answer that you probably want to hear but I hope it provides some insight into how it's all working and why what you are trying to do doesn't work.  I also wanted to do the exact thing you are trying to do so you aren't alone.