4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 5:56 PM by byrona

Getting Graphs from the Report Writer

pablokeller

Hi all,

IS there any way of obtaining automatically Reports with the graphs of traffic in interfaces with the Report writer?

In the other hand, is there a way of making it send the pdf by email? Or do I need to create an independent task with windows?

Thank you very much for help,

Pablo

• Re: Getting Graphs from the Report Writer

I'm with Pablo on this one!  There has got to be a way to generate charts and graphs, otherwise the purpose and value of the product is completely lost on management!  Please somebody post an answer...

Biff

• Re: Getting Graphs from the Report Writer
            byrona

IS there any way of obtaining automatically Reports with the graphs of traffic in interfaces with the Report writer?

As others have already pointed out, this can't be done with Report Writer.  However, if you know what specific interfaces you are interested in, you can create a dashboard/view that contains graphs for the interfaces you are interested in.

For example; we have three major upstream providers that connect via 3 different interfaces on 3 different border routers.  We needed  way to see the utilization of our total upstream capacity in a single view.  To accomplish this I created a dashboard/view with a graph showing the utilization of each of those interfaces as well as a multi-series graph combining all of them to show a combined total utilization.

Would something like this work for you?

In the other hand, is there a way of making it send the pdf by email? Or do I need to create an independent task with windows?

If you create dashboards/views as noted above you can then have those sent via email using the Orion Report Scheduler tool.

Hope this helps!