1. Be able to "discover by" Machine Type and Vendor/Manufacturer only. We are a large DOT network with 9 Class B networks. When doing discoveries we have a huge number of nodes discovered as "Unknown" (workstations, etc.). It would be huge improvement to be able to exclude/ignore "unknown" devices as well as known vendor devices such cameras, DVRs, encoders/decoders, etc. when running a discovery. Many of these type devices are supported by 3rd-party contractors in our environment and not the responsibility of our NOC. Unknowns are added clutter to wade through Scheduled Discovery Results. For example, we would like to be able to discover Cisco devices in one discovery, wireless devices in another, servers in another, UCS in another (saw this suggested in another thread) with all other devices to be ignored and not show on the device discovery results. This could be included in the discovery wizard after specifying the networks.
2. Also, would like to see on the Import Interfaces page the Machine Type/Vendor the interface is associated with also listed along side each Interface. Presently, when there are multiple Vendor devices discovered, the list of Interfaces to Import shows, for example, multiple Ethernet groups and makes it hard to determine which Ethernet group to import.
3. Preserve added SNMP credentials rather than having to start from scratch with Public and Private credentials. Would prefer to start with no credentials and choose from a drop-down picklist. Today we have to delete Public and Private with every new discovery job created..
4. Be able to delete a subnet or seed router from the list when editing a discovery job.
5. Be able to set discovery frequency to start Once and Custom discoveries to begin at a set time in the future. Only option for Once is "Yes, run this discovery now".
6. Be able to Save a Custom or Daily job without having to Schedule.
7. When editing a discovery job, be able to advance directly to appropriate step that needs to be edited (ESX, Network, Discovery Setting, Discovery Scheduling). Currently in v10.1, you have to click-thru the entire wizard, for example, to change Network Settings, Discovery Settings or Discovery Scheduling runtime.
8. Identify poller assigned in Network Sonar Discovery job list and also on each node listed in Scheduled Discovery Results. When running mulitple pollers and discovery jobs for each poller, there is no way to tell which poller disovered a node.
9. Would like to see discovery job results show count for each discovered Status. For example, Found (22), Changed (13), Found and Changed (35), etc.
10. Would like to see discovery job perform check against NPM database and identify if node already exists in NPM.
11. Revamp the entire Discovery Wizard. Too many clicks and refreshes to configure or make a simple changes as noted in #6 #7(edited; 1/29/2011). All the discovery job settings can easily be specified in a single view.
12. Support for multiple concurrent discoveries per polling engine. Present design falls short for large networks.
13. Continuous active discovery with ability to select networks using IP ranges, supernets/subnets, or networks using a seed router, and by discovery criteria noted in #1).