2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 5:18 PM by MarieB

Migration from NPM9.5 to 10.1.1

Shortly, my organization is going to be migrating from a Win2k3R2 server with NPM9.5 to a Win2k8R2 server with a fresh install of NPM10.1.1. (To have access to additional SW Orion functionality). Our NetPerfMon db is hosted elsewhere - on a Win2k5 SQL cluster node.

I've already browsed through the Orion NPM Migration .pdf, and the process looks fairly straightforward. What I'm curious about is if I will encounter any problems with the migration due to the version change. Could anyone suggest links to any existing threads with advice? Or be able to recommend any other documents to help with this migration?

Please let me know if you need any further details. Thank you.

• Re: Migration from NPM9.5 to 10.1.1
          ACDII

I recently went from 9.1 to 10.1.1. The upgrade went well, no problems with the database, all nodes are still there, no errors.

HOWEVER!!! The engineers who put the latest version together forgot one small detail that they hopefully will get fixed for me soon. If you have Orion installed on an application drive that is not C:, the collector service will not stay running. So keep that in mind when you install it. I also noticed that the SQL DB is constantly unloading now with memory problems, something it wasn't doing before, so I have to go back to find out why.