Thank you for your interest in the SDK.
What's new in SDK v1.9?
- New chapter added documenting the new NTA 4.0 Entity Model with typical query examples.
- New sample script for adding a Windows node for monitoring using WMI.
- Bugfixes to SWQL Studio and the PowerShell cmdlets.
What’s new in SDK v1.8?
- New sample PowerShell script:
- Additional documentation:
- list of functions supported by SWQL
- the RETURN XML RAW/AUTO clause
- Schema reference docs for updated for product releases
What’s new in SDK v1.7?
- Update documentation reflecting technical changes made in Orion Platform 2013.1, NPM 10.5, SAM 5.5, and IPAM 4.0 (summarized in a new "What is new" chapter in Technical Reference document instal
- Documentation for the REST/JSON endpoint for the Information Service
- Improvements and bug fixes in SDK tools
- New sample scripts demonstrating:
- Using UDT to shut down a switch port
- Connecting to the Information Service from Python
What’s new in SDK v1.6?
- Updated documentation reflecting technical changes made in Orion Platform 2012.2, NPM 10.4, and SAM 5.0 (summarized in a new "What is new" chapter in Technical Reference document installed)
- Improvements in SDK tools, including bulk update and bulk delete capability for SwisPowerShell.
- New sample scripts demonstrating:
- Downloading a network device configuration file using NCM
- Management of SAM application monitoring
What's new in SDK v1.5?
- Updated documentation reflecting technical changes made in Orion Platform 2012.1, NPM 10.3 (summarized in a new "What is new" chapter in Technical Reference document installed)
- Improvements in SDK tools
- New samples demonstrating the other SWIS API use. in particular, PowerShell samples demonstrating:
o Adding a node
o Adding an interface
o Discovering interfaces
o Setting a custom property
o Configuring Orion Groups
This package contains:
- SWQL Studio: An application for browsing the Information Service schema and running queries.
- Orion SDK.pdf: The documentation for the SDK. Includes an explanation of the purpose of the SolarWinds Information Service, a description of its query language, SWQL, and walkthroughs of the VBClient and JavaClient sample applications.
- VBClient:A sample application written in Visual Basic.NET that connects to SWIS over HTTPS, finds the most-recently-triggered unacknowledged alert, and acknowledges it. A project file is provided for building this sample in Visual Studio 2008.
- JavaClient: A sample application written in Java that connects to SWIS over HTTPS, finds the most-recently-triggered unacknowledged alert, and acknowledges it. A project file is provided for loading this sample in Eclipse. There is also a build.xml file for building the sample with Ant.
- PerlClient: A sample application written in Perl that connects to SWIS over HTTPS, and contains example calls of SWIS API.
- PowerShell samples: A set of PowerShell sample scripts containing example calls of SWIS API.
- SwisInvoke.exe: A tool for invoking SWIS verbs (commands) from the Windows command line.
- Reference documentation for the SWIS schema: In HTML format.
- SWIS Snapin for Windows PowerShell:A component that provides cmdlets you can use to access SWIS from Windows PowerShell, including querying data and invoking verbs. This requires a manual installation step to use. See the Orion SDK.pdf document for details on this
A couple of notes regarding the SDK.
- All support will be handled via the thwack SDK forum, which can be found here.
- If you call customer service regarding an SDK issue or question you will be directed to thwack, so please do not call customer support.
SolarWinds Orion SDK Team