4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2011 8:55 PM by bshopp

Deleting node interfaces

jkoelker

I can't seem to find the option for adding and deleting interfaces in NPM. I used to be able to go into the devices tree-view, expand a device, then right-click an interface and get some action options, including 'Delete Interface'. I no longer see that option available in NPM 10.1. Likewise, there's no longer an option to add an interface when you highlight the device. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

• Re: Deleting node interfaces
          bshopp

If you go into Manage Node in the web console, you can do all of these features that were in System Manager there instead.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              jkoelker

Thanks, Brandon! Found it!

Ggibbons

I am not seeing where to remove interfaces from a Node. I went to the device page, the selected "List Resources" and chose "None", and I still have two interfaces listed. One is valid, the other is not. I have tried rediscovering and polling after making the changes and they do not go away. 

bshopp

Two options, both exist in the web node management page

1. Click on the + sign next to the node in question and you will see the interfaces currently being managed in Orion.  Select the interfaces you want to delete and click delete in the menu bar

2. On the top of this page, in the drop down next the word show, select interfaces and you can use the search dialog to limit down to the interfaces you want to delete.  Select the check boxes next to them and select delete in the menu bar.