This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report Scheduler in NPM 10.1

Hi,

Its a good thing that report scheduler can now send reports with a PDF attachment. But is there a way that we can edit the file name in the attachment? as well as not including the webpage URL with its password on the body of the email?

• I second that feature request, also dont want any links on the pdf...

at least the possibility to choose as the links dont work anyhow

• Have you by any chance heard anything further about this as something that is being looked into? 

I agree this would be very useful especially for sending PDF's to external companies and the option of withholding the URL would definitley be a good thing if people internal or external don't happen to have an account but wish to view the stats.

• my last update from last friday was that they are still looking into it... :-\

• According to Brandon...this is on their road map for development.....I was able to  have a glimpse and its cool. Report Scheduler would soon be on the Web Console (like Alert Manager).  I will definitely participate if SW release an RC or would like to ask comments and suggestions on "Users" perspective.

On the otherhand,  Reports is now a "must" on my end since Internal and External folks required it, which is now a critical task for me :/

Hope Solarwinds can give us the timeline for its release

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Its a good thing that report scheduler can now send reports with a PDF attachment. But is there a way that we can edit the file name in the attachment? as well as not including the webpage URL with its password on the body of the email?

At least make the PDF filename be the name of the report (i.e., same as email subject line).  A filename of <random generated chars>.tmp.pdf  makes no sense especially to management.

And, we do not what to see the webpage URL in the body of the email.  The text "Message from SolarWinds Report Scheduler."  is good enough.

And get rid of the 'Export to PDF' link in the header of the report.  The link doesn't even work in HTML or text based reports.

Until improvements are made, the PDF feature is worthless to us and don't plan to exploit the features as delivered today.