This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CatTools 3.2.19 [Enterprise] "Reason (30012) Protocol version mismatch error.. Giving up after 3 connection attempts"

Hello All,

I'm fairly new to Kiwi Tools and have been coming up with this error in my info log's.  We manage roughly 200 Catalyst switches (3550's, 3560's, 3570's) all trunked either through fiber or Ethernet.  I've tried many different variations of a the options available for "Devices" , like using my TACACS account for Username/Password or trying the local admin account and also trying Cisco SSH, SSH1 & SSH2.  I am able to access any switch via Secure SSH with my TACACS but no such luck with Kiwi Tools.  I've been running a test with "Device.Backup.Running.Config".  I will also mention doing a "show ssh" on any of our switches shows the version being 1.99.

I thank you in advance for any comments, questions or suggestions.

Roberto

By the way, great site, tons of great information.

• Hi Roberto,

CatTools v3.2.19 is quite an old version now and there have been many fixes and new features added since then.  Therefore, I'd first recommend downloading the latest release (v3.6.0) http://www.solarwinds.com/downloads/ to trial it on a 'test' system to see if the problems are now resolved.

From v3.4.0, we have added separate SSH Username and SSH Password fields in the device setup form (Passwords tab) to handle the scenario where the SSH authentication credentials differ to the local device authentication.

In the older versions (including v3.2.19), the AAA Username and AAA Password fields were used for both, so the SSH and Local credentials had to be the same.

Kind regards,

Steve