4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2010 9:23 AM by whitejcdc

NCM feature request additions/changes

whitejcdc

1) Ability to apply $global user/password settings to a single node easier. A default button for that section maybe?

2) Purge job give past day(s) range for criteria.

• Re: NCM feature request additions/changes
          christineb

Hi Whitejcdc  - can you help me with request #1? That option is listed by default when you add a node - what did you have in mind for it? 

I got the other one captured as a feature request. 

--Christine

whitejcdc

Its not when you add one Christine, by default its set to the default Global for logins.  Its when you happen to change it to something else, like having to manually enter for some reason of another, and then once you get whatever fixed so you could use the global again you cant just get all four fields set back to using the global.  I think some of the four change but not all, I believe its the password one that doesnt, the most important! btw NCM v5.1   We just upgraded last Friday to 6 so I'm not sure if that is fixed yet, would need to check.

christineb

Let me know if you are still having this problem in 6.0. We're soon to RC 6.1 - so let me know if you'd like to try that out as well. 

--Christine

whitejcdc

Nope, still doesn't work.  Once I put anything in manually to the login fields for a node, I cannot change either of the password fields back to $Global mode.  I suggest an extra selection for the "Login Credentials" field.  Add a "Reset Login Method to Global Settings" option that sets all four fields under login to the NCM defaults.  That would be perfect.  I have some screenshots for you if like of how the fields look as I try and change them.

Also, on Policy Reporter, how about some grouping and sorting features for that?  I make some reports now and execute them in the reporter and they look nice, it puts the nodes in alphabetical order.  But when u look at them on the web site report they are in a random order.  At least make the web ones look like how they show in the reporter for now, but I would suggest adding the group & sort functions, and make sure that the web page shows them same way for those too.

Thanks