This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Returning SQL within email alert

I am attempting to create an alert based on the status of the battery for a UPS, that when triggered (loss off mains power) lists all nodes that rely on the UPS for power.  I have created a custom property called CORESITE that links the nodes to the UPS.

I have attempted to use the below code to list all the nodes within the email triggered by the alert. But it is only returning the first record! I need it to return all records that match the SQL criteria. Any ideas how I could achieve this???

${SQL: select Caption from Nodes Where CORESITE = '${Node.CORESITE}'}
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Here's an Idea.  Although not exactly what you want. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Turn your SQL into a report (you can also turn the report into a resource to make a custom view)

Schedule Report in report Scheduler and pick your email recipients

Go to your Orion directory and look for Job-xxxxxx files

Find the one for the Report you Created and Scheduled (you'll need to open them up to look)

In your alert add Run External Program.  \orion\runorionjob.exe [your job name] you may need the path in the job name.

The report will be emailed shortly after the alert arrives

• Try:

${SQL: select Caption+", " as a from Nodes Where CORESITE = '${Node.CORESITE}' FOR XML PATH}

May have some silly stuff in it, but should give you a "," separated list.