8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2010 10:22 AM by MrSampsonite

Create custom page

MrSampsonite

Is there any way to create a custom page/tab that has the reports/graphs that I want instead of taking over one of the existing ones? I'd rather not hijack the summary tab of NPM but would like to create one called "Issues" that shows errors, discards, down objects, etc.

Thanks.

• Re: Create custom page
          byrona

Currently you are not able to create your own tabs.  What you could do is create a list of links on a single page that link to you reports though the "Reports" menu item pretty much does this already.  Alternatively you could create a single view that has all of your reports displayed on it.

Hope this helps!

MrSampsonite

What do you mean create a view?

That's too bad about creating custom tabs. Seems like a great feature. Everything else is pretty dynamic.

Side question: anyone know of a timeline to make the graphs more Web 2.0-ish? Meaning things like dragging timeline to zoom in on, showing actual data when hovering over a graph point, etc? It's too bad in the 3 years since I used Orion this still is not there. Makes investigations take much longer to have to type in data.

byrona

What do you mean create a view?

In the admin section of WebUI there is an option called "Manage Views".  Here you can go in and create different views/dashboards.  In those dashboards you can embed your reports as a resource.

That's too bad about creating custom tabs. Seems like a great feature. Everything else is pretty dynamic.

There is a feature request for this though if I am not mistaken SolarWinds is looking at the alternate solution of allowing custom drop-downs (can't remember where I read this so hopefully I am not making it up).

Side question: anyone know of a timeline to make the graphs more Web 2.0-ish? Meaning things like dragging timeline to zoom in on, showing actual data when hovering over a graph point, etc? It's too bad in the 3 years since I used Orion this still is not there. Makes investigations take much longer to have to type in data.

I have submitted this as a feature request as well, you can see it Interactive Graphs.