1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 8:03 PM by dclick

Monitor VLAN but only interest in one of ports which belongs that VLAN

Warren_Chan

My customer wants to monitor a physical port on Cisco 6509 but that is Switch port.  So we only can monitor the VLAN that the port belongs to .  However, there are too many traffic exporting to Netflow it can't determine how much traffic thru the particular port.  Anyone can help me and suggest how can i do ?

• Re: Monitor VLAN but only interest in one of ports which belongs that VLAN
          dclick

I think I understand what you are after, but let me see if I get this right - You setup netflow on the 6509 (we have 8 of them) to export traffic to Orion. I also must assume you have setup the switch as a monitored node as well?

Are you worried ports are getting changed or something? If you setup the 6509 to use the Orion as a syslog server, you can create rules to alert you when the vlan changes, as that is a syslog message that can be watched for.

Or - are you just wanting to see how much traffic is passing through a specific interface on a specific vlan?

I have not played with SNMP and the UDP's much, but I am quite sure you could create one to generate a tabel on the node view page to show what ports are in what vlan - perhaps a GET TABLE?  Ill search to see if I can find one to use.