This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor VLAN but only interest in one of ports which belongs that VLAN

My customer wants to monitor a physical port on Cisco 6509 but that is Switch port.  So we only can monitor the VLAN that the port belongs to .  However, there are too many traffic exporting to Netflow it can't determine how much traffic thru the particular port.  Anyone can help me and suggest how can i do ?

• I think I understand what you are after, but let me see if I get this right - You setup netflow on the 6509 (we have 8 of them) to export traffic to Orion. I also must assume you have setup the switch as a monitored node as well?

Are you worried ports are getting changed or something? If you setup the 6509 to use the Orion as a syslog server, you can create rules to alert you when the vlan changes, as that is a syslog message that can be watched for.

Or - are you just wanting to see how much traffic is passing through a specific interface on a specific vlan?

I have not played with SNMP and the UDP's much, but I am quite sure you could create one to generate a tabel on the node view page to show what ports are in what vlan - perhaps a GET TABLE?  Ill search to see if I can find one to use.