Simply use the Directory Monitor. To add it:
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click "All Managed Devices"
- Click the Device that has the directory you wish to monitor.
- Click "Add -> Add New Monitor"
- On the left-hand side, click "Windows"
- On the right-hand side, click "Directory"
- Enter the UNC path leading to the directory you wish to monitor. I.e: \\mailsrv01\share\queue\ or \\mailsrv01\c$\directory\queue\
- Select "File count must be" and set to "<" a certain number.
- Click OK.
That should be all.
Chris Foley - SolarWinds - Support Specialist
Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125
network management simplified | solarwinds.com
Is it possible to capture the folder size as part of each monitor, and then see that folder size on a historical report?