This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

why is 10.1 additional poller 400MB download?

FormerMember
FormerMember

guys

downloading 10.1 for an upgrade at 5am tomorrow morning.  the additional poller is 400MB.  when it came down i opened it ands there are 2 files:

OrionAPM-v4-Poller-RC3.zip
OrionNPM-v10.1-Poller.zip

that is v4 pollerRC3?

also the main application SLX download keeps faioling with corrupt file...  can you help?

i have the webserver download on its way down too

cheers

dan

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

OK,m now the additional webserver download is corrupt and it seems to contain an RC3 release too

OrionAPM-v4-Web-RC3.zip

do i have to cancel this upgrade even though i have planned it with tons of customers etc?

• Are you still seeing this?  If so, send me a PM via thwack

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

i have not been back into re-download...  i had to just download the big files, extract locally and then upload the required files to the servers.

these were the least of the worries in the end, the upgrade procedure was again a complete disaster but it is over now... 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

hi all,

just about to do the 10.1 to 10.1.1 upgrade so am downloading all the software...  yet for some reason, the additional poller, and additional webserver downloads are BOTH 400MB again....

Once downloaded, i can see that they both include the APM 4.0 upgrade...  does that mean i HAVE to upgrade the APM to 4.0 before i can go to 10.1.1 NPM?

cheers

dan

• As you know you buy an additional poller and if your module supports additional pollers those are free.  In the past modules required NPM, so this package only needed the NPM Additional Poller.  Which the launch of APM 4.0 you can deploy APM as either a module or Orion or on it's own.  With this change your base product can either be APM or NPM, hence the two polling packages in the same zip.  We are investigating methods to make this better going forward.  No you can go to 10.1.1 without upgrading to APM 4.0, however, I recommend going to APM 4.0 to take advantage of the new features as well as performance improvements etc.