This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Installing Toolset 10.6 alongside NPM/NTA

Hi,

Our network monitoring server died horribly today, so I have been reinstalling the Solarwinds software on a new server (thankfully we use a separate SQL server for the Orion database!)

I have installed NPM 10.1 & NTA 3.7 - however when I now come to install Solarwinds Toolset 10.6 on the same server, I get the following message about "files in use" that I do not recall ever seeing before:

The following applications are using files that need to be updated by this setup. Close these applications and click Retry to continue.

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMonService.exe
C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

My first thought is to stop all the Orion services and retry the Toolset installation - however should I be worried about the Toolset installation overwriting something vital that the other products are using?