This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM / Engineer's Toolset integration (again)

I'm trying to use the ET integration feature to monitor an interface on one of our switches. The switch is running SNMPv3.

If I open the Real-Time Interface Monitor alone, I can set the IP address of the switch and tell it to use the stored SNMPv3 credentials.

However, if I select the interface from within NPM, then right-click on the interface title and choose "Real-Time Interface monitor > Ethernet Statistics" I am immediately prompted for what appears to be SNMPv1 credentials. If I click the little Settings link, I am taken to a window that shows NO Saved Community strings.

What am I missing here?

• At this time, Orion / Toolset integration only supports the use of community strings. We plan to add SNMPv3 support to Toolset integration in a future release.

•   You're kidding... SNMPv3, which has been around and in use for years, is not supported?? This renders the "Toolset integration" almost useless for those of us who don't want to run insecure SNMP!

When can we expect this future release?

• To clarify, Toolset supports SNMPv3 and Orion supports SNMPv3. It is only the shortcut of starting a Toolset tool from the integration menu in Orion that passes only SNMPv1&2 community strings. Adding the functionality to support SNMPv3 to the integration shortcuts is on our product road map and will be addressed in a future release. However, I can not speak to specific time frames.