7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 4:11 PM by msawyer

Group Limitations

MaGa79

Hello,

When you try to limitate a user to "a single Group" or "a Group of Groups" - this does not work. The User is able to see all nodes in NPM.

Maybe a bug or a known problem ? ;-)

Regards,

Mario

• Re: Group Limitations
          bshopp

So you have a limitation defined.  Do you have any node or interface limitations defined?  

bshopp

Known limitation.  This only applies to what groups a user can see, not the actual members associated to those groups.  To do that, you will need to add other view limitations for node, interfaces etc.

MaGa79

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I thought that i can only limit a user to one criteria.

I will try with more different limitations.

Thanks,

Mario

mockmyberet

Is this a feature that will be functional in the future and, if so, is this being addressed?

msawyer

This is really quite unacceptable!  It exposes Solarwinds development goals to be very short-sided with regards to medium-large businesses.  I shouldn't have to go through my user assignments and perform 100-1500 mouse clicks so that proper groups do not have access to our data.  This is especially important when you consider how large businesses need to show this data to partners, but only the data that is appropriate for that particular line of business.  By not properly implementing Dynamic Group limitations for user/group access, you have made Orion a static maintenance nightmare rather than what it should be, a forward thinking flexible enterprise tool.

Please don't respond that views limitation solve the problem, they do not, you cannot use dynamic groups there either.  Besides, if a users' account isn't limited, all they need are direct links and all data will be exposed within any view.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!