This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Naming tables in OID

Good afternoon all,

I am adding a device poller to pull the cpu stats from my Checkpoint firewall.  This consists of 3 seperate lines which denote 1, 5 and 10 min averages.

Now what I would like to do is name these tables lines to be a little more user friendly.  I have 3 options for naming.  Use interface names, which certainly doesn't apply here.  I have choose a name based on table, which seems close to what I want to do.  Unfortunately none of the options are any better than "1,2,3" and when I attempt to change the name presented it doesn't seem to take.  Which I can appreciate 'cause it's tabled data and I can't just go around changin' things like that.  The third option, which on the surface seems to be the best option is custom name.  But I found out right away when I enter data in here it names all 3 of my lines exactly the same thus being totally useless.

Can anyone shed some light on how to remedy this?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your replies.

--adam