9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2010 4:11 PM by casey.schmit

High Memory and CPU

MarkSchmal

Has anyone else had issues with high memeory and CPU? The swJobengineWorker2.exe process grows to over a gig in size, at which point I have to restart the services. It seems to take several hours for this to occur. Also, CPU was running around 50-60% prior to 10.1 not it runs at 90-100%.

-Mark

• Re: High Memory and CPU
          ET

Hi,

do you have any VM's monitored? If so, than we had problem in RC with memory leak related to VM polling, which can cause this grows. But that would involve also process SolarWinds.BusinessLayerHost.exe, which seems doesn't happen.

Anyway to be sure, I would like you to open a support ticket and send us a diagnostics, and full memory dump of this SWJobEngineWorker2 process (only if the memory is very high). Support can help you with it.

Thank you a lot

bwiechman

Has anyone else had issues with high memeory and CPU? The swJobengineWorker2.exe process grows to over a gig in size, at which point I have to restart the services. It seems to take several hours for this to occur. Also, CPU was running around 50-60% prior to 10.1 not it runs at 90-100%.

-Mark

I didn't see this level of CPU usage under RC1 and don't under RC2 either.

neilmborilla

I have almost the same problem.....mine was CPU is at 100%

the_toilet

I have general performance problems since the upgrade to 10.1.  this i a real pain as the upgrade to 9.5.1 made such improvements to performance but we are back to pre-9.5 days again....

I already have this thread going about missed polls in 10.1

Re: after upgrade to 10.1 - getting tons of missed polls and general bad performance

but i am also seeing lots of these processes for SWJobEnginerWorker2.exe processes on each of my pollers

I am worried that it is APM making the diference...  i still don't know for sure if APM polls are included in the poller tuning and what not

there was talk of a new polling engine in Beta earlier in the year, did that go anywhere?

neilmborilla

you're worried is the same with mine. I have uninstalled APM 3.5 on my poller , removed all nodes, and now gradually adding back while watching the CPU Usage.

Question: Is it normal that the CPU is not stable? almost every second the CPU % usage is changing or not constant between these services.....

Solarwinds.ManagementAgent.exe

Solarwinds.DataProcessor.exe

SWJobEngineWorker2.exe

Before I removed APM 3.5 this service (SWJobEngineWorker2.exe) appears multiple times (not sure 4 or 5 times simultaneous running).....I'm thinking of a hardware upgrade but my box works fine with 9.1 version before