2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 6:39 PM by testerics

"Comments" tab - nothing inside...

Hi,

I have SNMP enabled on domain machines, but "Comments" tab doesen't show anything.

This tools is great, but without this tab for me is useless because on this tab I shoud have the name of the pc owner. With all informations available (Address, DNS, Comments) I can identify very easy the person and machine. Without 'Comments" tab I need to open other tools (like Dameware) to see the comments (name of the pc owner, or ofcourse other info's that is written on that field).

So, what can I do to make available even this field?

Thanks! 

• Re: "Comments" tab - nothing inside...

The Comments field is only populated by manually typing information after scans have been completed. I can see how it would benefit you to have the tool acquire data from an additional SNMP field that hosts the information you have already added to each device. Specifically what field are you looking for the tool to grab?

You may also want to look at Orion IP Address Manager. This product is very robust and includes several features that would help in your situation. For more information, see http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/ip_address_manager/.

• Re: "Comments" tab - nothing inside...

Good question " what field are you looking for the tool to grab?". Well, I will consider this software complete if the "Comments" tab will be populated automatically with information that already exist in "Computer description" tab in Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7.

In my network, this field is populated with name of the computer owner and location, so... very important field!

Thanks!