This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Deleted Nodes

When you delete a Node via Orion the nodes record is removed from the Nodes table - are the historical stats for the node you deleted removed from all the various stats tables as well?

If so, is it instantaneous or are the stats removed during some kind of regularly scheduled cleanup routine?

Thanks,

Shaunna

• Any resource or historical data associated with a deleted node is cleaned from the database via the Daily Maintenance procedures, though it may take more than one cycle. Hope this answers you question.

• Is there any way to 'archive' the node, so you could go back and get the historical data on it?  Lately, the organization I'm doing work for has been migrating their 700 circuits from Sprint to Verizon, and it would be nice to see differences in bandwith and latency between the two vendors.  Unfortunately, the sites are cut-over so we flip a switch and voila - old circuit gone and new one operational.

• if you are changing IP addesses during the transition, you could "unmanage" the old router when adding the new router (even if it's actually the same device). That way you could keep history of both the old unmanaged circuit together with the new one. You may want to do some "Filter Nodes" on your main live screens so that you don't get overwhelmed with the unmanaged elements.

If you're not changing IPs, it may be just as simple to back up the database, load it onto a temporary server and run an evaluation copy of Orion to view the old data.

• Is it the "Database Archive" you're referring to? If so, we have two nodes we deleted last week on Wednesday and their data is still in all the stats tables, even though the nodes are gone from the nodes tables. But the Database Archive says it ran at 12:30 am this morning and appears to be set to run every night at 12:30 am.

• The database can be backed up with Orion's Database Manager, but the old data will not be purged from the database until the Database Maintenance routine is run.

Start > Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager

Add your SQL server and then

drill down to your NetPerfMon database and

select Database > Backup Database.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to robertcbrowning

Thats great robert,

Do you know how will that affect my nodes count and licensing? will I end up with half of my licensing capabilities?.

thanks