This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Reports in NPM Web

Hi folks,

I would love to have the ability to include NCM inventory data in Orion NPM reports. Using Report writer as it is much more flexible than the report builder in NCM - would be amazing to be able to able to create queries that would have the ability to combine data from tables in both databases.

I know things like NODEID's might not be the same in both DB's - in some cases maybe even different IP's are used for node management between NPM and NCM in which case custom properties could be used. We already have shared custom properties in both databases that would be common to each other and given the right facilities would be able to combine data using INNER JOINs.

Even for the time being if there was the ability to  created combined NPM-NCM reports using the 'Advanced SQL' reports in the report writer that would be great.

thanks

• Hi Ciag - I'll enter this as a feature request. We are looking at several ways to tighten the relationship between NPM and NCM's database, so this is great input for us. 

--Christine 

• I've got this working, see THIS thread or the url at bottom.

I did add custom properties in NCM "orionNodeID" and have some SQL jobs that copy those over BASED ON IP ADDRESS (for node is same).

I think the NCM import nodes will allow you to import the nodeID from NPM to NCM column of your choice based on IP address as well.

• Hi Larry - thank you for your help!

--Christine

• Thanks for your input it's definitely pointed me inthe right direction. Unfortunately my databases are on different servers so there is one bit of info missing for the query to work and that's where my next question comes in.

The missing step I'm talking about is the 'linked servers' option. I would like to 'Link' the NCM server's Dtabase to the NPM Db. I just want to know about the behaviour between the databases if I were add the NCM database as a linked server to my NPM database. Because some of the tables in the two databases share the same names I would like to rule out any possibility of unintentional mix ups due to identical table names.

I know that the exsisting queries and paths for the servers/databases/tables should prevent any such mix up but I'm just a little paranoid about these things.