3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2010 2:52 PM by bshopp

Blackout Period for 6AM to 9AM only on Wednsday.

I am looking to create a blackout period for a weekly reboot that happens in my environment. I have looked around and been unable to figure out where the particular options to do something like this is.

It looks like I can do something that works for every day of the week, but not just for one day on a set time schedule. Also, if I was ever to have two seperate blackout periods I do not see any location I would be able to do that either.

Is there a special place that I need to go into to specify in detial when I want a blackout to occur. 

Thanks!

• Re: Blackout Period for 6AM to 9AM only on Wednsday.
          mdoering

If anyone is listening, I'd love an answer to this question as well.  We are in the process of implimenting weekly scheduled reboots in our environment as well and would like to be able to add some form of recurring exception to the polling engine.

• Re: Blackout Period for 6AM to 9AM only on Wednsday.
            lchance

Could you perhaps use the Windows TASK SCHEDULER for this? And maybe use a Windows Resource Kit tool command called "SC"?

You could schedule the blackout window time to execute this SC command to pause the Solarwinds service "SOLARWINDS ALERTING SERVICE" and then one to schedule a start.

And maybe include the service for Solarwinds Network Performance Monitoring too. This is just an idea to offer... :)

This is what the Resource Kit has:

Sends a PAUSE control request to a service.

Syntax

sc [ServerName] pause [ServiceName]

Parameters

ServerName
            Specifies the name of the remote server on which the service is located. The name must use the UNC format ("\\myserver"). To run SC.exe locally, ignore this parameter.

Syntax

sc [ServerName] start ServiceName [ServiceArguments]

Parameters

ServerName
            Specifies the name of the remote server on which the service is located. The name must use the UNC format ("\\myserver"). To run SC.exe locally, ignore this parameter.