The Nortel.Switch.Ethernet device type in CatTools handles entering enable mode as follows:
- Sends enable command to device
- If 'Enter Username:' or 'Enter Password:' prompt is received from the device; CatTools will send either:
- a) the 'AAA Username' and 'AAA Password' field credentials if you have the 'Enable mode uses AAA username/password fields' option ticked in the device setup Passwords tab; or
- b) the 'Enable password:' field credentials.
- Once the enable mode prompt hostname# is received, the activity continues.
Hope this helps. If not, please detail what you see for your device during a manual Telnet/SSH session.
Thanks for the reply - I have tried all Nortel.* devices but none of them enter into privilege mode - I ended up creating a Custom Device file which worked like a charm - bit of reding documentation, variables, etc but all worked out at then end.
Thanks for the input.
That's very strange as the 'Nortel.Switch.Ethernet' device type script definately contains the code to enter enable mode.
If you are running the Device.CLI.Send commands activity, then please ensure that you have the option 'Enter commands in enable mode' within the 'Options' tab ticked.
If it isn't ticked, then this is most likely the cause of your problem.