This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade error

I am testing my upgrade process and I have run into a error.  I am upgrading from v 9.5 to 10.  I have a sql 2005 database on a seperate server.  When I run the installation I receive this error.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get through the configuration?

• You're probably seeing this error because The SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor service is still running. You might try going into the SolarWinds Orion>Advanced Features>Orion Service Manager, clicking Shutdown Everything, and then attempting to run the Install again.

If you're using VMWare, make a snapshot before attempting upgrades. I've learned that the hard way. :)

• I have tried making sure everything is stopped first and I still get the error.  Also I have tried renaming the file to verify it is not in use and it let me do that.  

I am doing this on a image of the production server so I don't have have any pain if everything goes sideways.  Just want to iron this out before trying to upgrade Prod.