This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Centeralized Management Console

I would like to see a centralized management console for Orion to pull all of the different components together (web or console based are both viable options as far as my opinion is concerned).  Right now if feels like all of my different Orion components (Primary Poller, DB, Additional Pollers, Additional Web Server) are all completely independent systems and all have to be managed independently.

Having one centralized console through which I could manage all of these systems (restarting services, load balancing, updating custom properties, etc) would make the management of larger installations much more user friendly and would make the entire product have a much more cohesive and enterprise feel to it.

• Hey Byron--

I'll let PM know--it sounds like you want a superhero version of the Web Console ;-)

M

• Hey Byron--

I'll let PM know--it sounds like you want a superhero version of the Web Console ;-)

M

Well, since the development direction seems to be web based (which I completely support), a superhero version of that would be awesome.  In lieu of that, a superhero version of the management console application located on the core NPM system would work as well... even having a desktop application like Network Atlas that provides this functionality would work.

What I don't like having to do is RDP to a bunch of different systems every time I want to do a relatively simple task.  Right now all the different systems feel very autonomous from a management perspective and I would like to see that pulled together in a management interface.

Either way, it would definitely be Super and a Hero.  = )

• Byron--

Noted and thanks for the further explanation.

M