This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert state/status

I have alerts setup for business hours and after hours and I am looking for a field I can use in my alerts definition such that if a device goes down in business hours and is still down when the after hours alert kicks in another alert is not triggered...

• You could use a simple alert to change a custom property when a node is down in the 10 minute window prior to after hours and add that custom property as a factor in the advance alert.

Create "suspended" custom prop

Simple alert  = from 3:50 to 4:00 if down change custom prop to suspended = true.

After hour advanced alert add condition to "all" group condition, custom prop not = suspended (suspended not = true)

The only part of this I have not tested is transitioning back to the custom prop = false using a node status = up simple alert. The concern is that it may flood your alert log because most nodes will be in up state every time it is run.