6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2010 3:44 PM by joe_1974

Orion NPM v9.5.1 and IE9

Is anyone else having Orion Network Performance Monitor v9.5.1 webinterface crash in IE9 BETA?  Just trying to eliminate if it is a local issue for me or not.

• Re: Orion NPM v9.5.1 and IE9
          bshopp

We have not formally tested, not certified Orion on IE9.

We have not formally tested, not certified Orion on IE9.

Understandable. It is very fast so I hope that it is supported in version 10.x.

bshopp

Just to be clear and set expectations here, we are not testing on IE9 for the next version of Orion as it is still in beta mode.  

Just to be clear and set expectations here, we are not testing on IE9 for the next version of Orion as it is still in beta mode.  

Understood.  However, I believe beta releases are distributed so developers can test with them.

There is a huge advantage from IE8 to IE9. IE9 is even faster than my favorite Opera 10.

I also have observed similar development behavior with Juniper OS firmware for our SSLVPN as they are always a point release behind in the latest browsers and potential problem occur when end users update their browsers.  As that is OS firmware, I can certainly understand the development.

In Juniper documentation they list "Qualified platforms" and "Compatible Platform"

Qualified Platform
                      The platforms listed in the “qualified” category have been systematically tested by QA department as part of the release covered by the Supported Platforms document.
                      Compatible Platform
                      The platforms listed in the “compatible” category have not been systematically tested by our QA department in this release but based on testing in previous releases and knowledge of the platform Juniper expects that the functionality will work and will fully support these platforms.

casey.schmit

Just curious....where is it crashing for you?