This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"License limitation doesn't fit orion license!" - Need help upgrading NTA license from SL500 to SL2000

After upgrading from NPM v9.5.1 to v10, I attempted to upgrade NTA from 3.6 to v 3.7. I ran the setup file I downloaded from the customer portal, everything seemed to have installed smoothly until I noticed messages in the even log stating "License limitation doesn't fit orion license!".  I checked the NTA license status & it is still saying SL500. 

My assumption was that the NTA license would be upgraded in the same way that I upgraded the NPM, just download the setup file from the customer portal & run it.

I checked the Orion NTA Administrator Guide, reviewed the installation & upgrade steps, I see where it says I should input the Licensing information on the "Activate Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer window".  I really don't remember seeing that prompt during or after running the setup file.

• Thanks to the quick response of the Solarwinds support team this problem is now solved.

The issue was that I had an old version of the Solarwinds License manager (1.0.0.38

) which was not detecting the new Netflow product. 

Once I downloaded version (2.0.0.430) the products were detected & the upgrade option was now visible.

The process was smooth afterwards, I just had to add the activation code & re-run the Configuration Wizard & Netflow was up & running immediately.