This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create a report for installed software

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom report that shows the installed software for a specific node. I have created the custom poller that is able to retrieve the software however when I create a custom poller report I cannot find the field that holds the value for the installed software. I can find the custom poller name but I do not know which variable will contain the installed software information.

If you have any idea how I can do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was hoping somebody knew why I cannot retrieve the date installed variable that is in the same name as the software name value. When I retrieve the installed date value all I get is a '?'.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• I had the same problem with the date returning a "?", not sure why this is becaue when I grab that data with an snmpwalk or snmpget from a Linux system it works just fine.  I am guessing it's a formatting issue.

As far as polled software is concerned, I uploaded both a poller as well as a SQL query that should capture that information to the Content Exchange located HERE.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks for the reply! I have actually already grabbed that poller and use the SQL query to find specific peices of software but I was looking to grab all the installed software in one report. Also I was hoping to create additional reports that will generate information from a custom poller like user accounts, services, and running processes, so I was hoping for a way that can be carried over to these other values.

Also I was able to properly  view the HRSoftwaredate through the mibwalk but still can't get it properly through a custom poller. If anyone else can give me some insight on to how format this propbably that would be fantastic.

Thanks