3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2010 10:12 PM by MarieB

Create a report for installed software

hattster

Hi,

I am trying to create a custom report that shows the installed software for a specific node. I have created the custom poller that is able to retrieve the software however when I create a custom poller report I cannot find the field that holds the value for the installed software. I can find the custom poller name but I do not know which variable will contain the installed software information.

If you have any idea how I can do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was hoping somebody knew why I cannot retrieve the date installed variable that is in the same name as the software name value. When I retrieve the installed date value all I get is a '?'.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Create a report for installed software
          byrona

I had the same problem with the date returning a "?", not sure why this is becaue when I grab that data with an snmpwalk or snmpget from a Linux system it works just fine.  I am guessing it's a formatting issue.

As far as polled software is concerned, I uploaded both a poller as well as a SQL query that should capture that information to the Content Exchange located Installed Software Poller.

Hope that helps!

hattster

Thanks for the reply! I have actually already grabbed that poller and use the SQL query to find specific peices of software but I was looking to grab all the installed software in one report. Also I was hoping to create additional reports that will generate information from a custom poller like user accounts, services, and running processes, so I was hoping for a way that can be carried over to these other values.

Also I was able to properly  view the HRSoftwaredate through the mibwalk but still can't get it properly through a custom poller. If anyone else can give me some insight on to how format this propbably that would be fantastic.

Thanks

Also, marked for the PM.

Thx,

M