2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2010 3:23 PM by MarieB

Macro Help

kindbro

I am configuring an advanced alert for high temp. In order for me to get the variables I want from my nexus for temperature I created a custom UnDP. The custom UnDP I made is named IntakeNexusSup and it reports the current temperature of OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.91.1.1.1.1.4.21848 using the SNMP Get. Is there a macro I can create utilizing this UnDP so that I can get the results in my alerts of what the UnDP is reporting?

Thanks,

Bret

• Re: Macro Help
          kindbro

Disregard, as I found the answer to my own question through trial and error.

Not knowing enough about advanced alerts I jumped before digging a little deeper. The answer lies in your trigger condition. Apparently, the results of the trigger actions refer back to the trigger condition info for your results and output of your emails etc that are set up for actions.

After applying the right macro's - The temperature of ${Node.Caption} is ${CustomPollerStatus.RawStatus} and is above the operating temperature of 104°.

I was able to get the results I wanted. Email alert trigger - The temperature of 7010-Core2 is 69.8 and is above the operating temperature of 104°. Had this been an actual alert the temperature in the 69.8 spot would have been over 104 °.

Thanks,

Bret