This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA 3.7 indexing taking days

Hi guys,

Just updated to NPM v10 SP1 OK, and then upgraded to NTA 3.7.  This was over a week ago and the indexing is still running, is that normal?

Is it easier to just kill off the old netflow data and start fresh or something?  I rebooted the server about a day or so into the indexing (not realising it was still indexing) in an attempt to fix the lack of Netflow information popping up in NPM.  Maybe this corrupted something?

Roughly around 300-400 netflow interfaces being monitored.

SQL is running on a SAN etc.

Cheers for any help :)

• Hi Bizarro,

indexing of your DB very probably finished much quicker, but then something went wrong with reporting of progress of indexing. We already went over few similar cases, so you can submit support ticket and your case should be resolved quickly.

For quicker assistance, you can try to look to NTA log - %ProgramData%\Solarwinds\Logs\NTA\NTA.BusinessLayer.log (older logs are in the same folder) and if you can see messages about repeatable starting and stoping of service, copy-paste here error message(s) between some start and stop and we can try to advice how to solve this.

Ragards
    Jan

• Hi Jan,

I have a ticket open, just tried truncating the 3 databases to no effect, just waiting for them to get back to me.

I can't find the logs at that path, the install is located on C, what is the exact path to the file.  Doing a Ctrl-F won't find that filename.

Cheers,

Braden

• Hi Braden

So in your case it should be located in C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\NTA or C:\Users\All Users\Solarwinds\Logs\NTA (depending on OS). Or if you have a chance to past your case number here I could try to look directly in your uploaded diagnostics (if you already uploaded them).

• Hi Jan, case number is 186093, I have sent the diagnostics to Suryanto.

• Hi Jan,

Suryanto did some work with the license file which seemed to fix things, for some reason it was picking it up as a 500 rather than 2000 license.

Just gotta work out why none of my passwords work for NCM now lol

• Hi Braden, I'm glad to hear that you resolved your problem with NTA. Regarding the NCM problem - I would recommend posting on NCM thwack thread or/and open new support ticket.