9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 6:31 AM by rgward

Machine Type for Cisco 3750s

rgward

Are there any plans to report the real 37xx model# (chassis index 1) in the Machine Type rather than the generic text "Catalyst 37xx Stack"?  It would also be great to list any other chassis/model#s in the stack.   Today, we have created a device poller to pull this information from the MIB to display this information which includes each unit serial number.

• Re: Machine Type for Cisco 3750s
          rgward

bump. . .

bshopp

Is there a corresponding SysobjectID for each model?  If yes, we can update the Discovery MIB DB to be more accurate.

rgward

We have a poller that pulls this table info and display in a tabular resource.  This works for all the 3750 platform.

moduleModel
                The manufacturer's model number for the module.

moduleSwVersion
                The software version of the module.

moduleSerialNumberString
                The serial number of the module. This MIB object
                 will return the module serial number for any
                 module that either a numeric or an alphanumeric
                 serial number is being used.

MFA

Hi rgward!

Would you like to share your poller with me? I have a lot of Cisco Catalyst 3750 stacks.

Questionario

Hi MFA,

he did.

For a poller you need nothing more than the OID he listed.

What would be more interesting is a custom report that you can use as a resource within orion which would combine those three pollers.

@rgward: If you have that, please do share :)

rgward

Questionario,

I've been trying to create an Advanced SQL report to pull the poller info posted above but it is generating duplicates.  For example, if the stack has 2 switches, the report duplicates the 2 switches 3 times.  I can't seem to figure it out why this is happening.  I'm no SQL expert by any means. If you or any SQL guru cares to take a crack at it and have success in eliminating the dups, please post the results back to this thread.

SELECT Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address, Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type, CustomPollerStatus.Status, CustomPollerStatus2.Status as status2, CustomPollerStatus3.Status as status3
                               FROM Nodes
                               JOIN CustomPollerAssignment
                                  ON (CustomPollerAssignment.NodeId = Nodes.NodeId )
                               JOIN CustomPollers
                                  ON (CustomPollers.CustomPollerId = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerId AND CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'moduleModel')
                               LEFT JOIN CustomPollerStatus
                                  ON (CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentId = CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentId)

JOIN CustomPollerAssignment AS CustomPollerAssignment2
                                  ON (CustomPollerAssignment2.NodeId = Nodes.NodeId )
                               JOIN CustomPollers AS CustomPollers2
                                  ON (CustomPollers2.CustomPollerId = CustomPollerAssignment2.CustomPollerId AND CustomPollers2.UniqueName = 'moduleSwVersion')
                               LEFT JOIN CustomPollerStatus AS CustomPollerStatus2
                                  ON (CustomPollerStatus2.CustomPollerAssignmentId = CustomPollerAssignment2.CustomPollerAssignmentId)

JOIN CustomPollerAssignment AS CustomPollerAssignment3
                                  ON (CustomPollerAssignment3.NodeId = Nodes.NodeId )
                               JOIN CustomPollers AS CustomPollers3
                                  ON (CustomPollers3.CustomPollerId = CustomPollerAssignment3.CustomPollerId AND CustomPollers3.UniqueName = 'moduleSerialNumberString')
                               LEFT JOIN CustomPollerStatus AS CustomPollerStatus3
                                  ON (CustomPollerStatus3.CustomPollerAssignmentId = CustomPollerAssignment3.CustomPollerAssignmentId)

ORDER BY NodeName ASC, IP_Address ASC

rgward

I figured out my dup problem.  It was pointed out to me by one of my SQL savvy staff to include the keyword "distinct" in the select.  The corrected select statement for the above report is as follows.

SELECT distinct Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address, Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type, CustomPollerStatus.Status, CustomPollerStatus2.Status as status2, CustomPollerStatus3.Status as status3
                                   FROM Nodes

rgward

mfa,

I've posted the poller to Content Exchange.  This poller pulls the CISCO-STACK-MIB table info that can be displayed using a NPM Tabular Universal Device Poller Resource (in Node Details Reports resources). 

Cisco 3750 Stack