This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interfaces transmit over 100% utilization

I'm being asked by management why they see alerts for Interfaces that transmit over 100% of their utilization. I believe that they're trying to somehow compare this to the sum of the transmit / receive data from our Cisco-device interfaces and it's not adding up. In some cases, we see the percentage go up to 133%.

I sense that there's growing distrust of this product if they can’t figure it out. Can someone provide a laymen-terms explanation of what happens when an interface exceeds 100% utilization?

• mandg,

Change the interface bandwidth to actual and this will be sorted. This is not an issue within SW. This is due to wrong bandwidth details input. Eg: say the int bandwidth is 100MBPS but only assigned as 10MBPS then when the transmit hits 13.3MBS it would alert you saying 133% utilisation.

Solution is to manually edit the int bandwith by clicking on editing interface properties on Orion.