2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 7:16 AM by sihem

Use the Umanage and Remanage verbs from a Java client

Hello Tim and everyone!

I can see some documentation in the SDK on how to use the SwisInvoke command line. So I tried to play around with the Unmanage and Remanage verbs but no luck. Could you please let us know what XML data the InformationService.invoke method is requiring?

Thanks!

Sihem.

• Re: Use the Umanage and Remanage verbs from a Java client
          tdanner

Hello!

The Unmanage verb takes four arguments:

1. Net Object ID (string) - This should be “N:” followed by the id number of the node to be unmanaged. Example: “N:12”.
          2. Unmanage start time (DateTime) - The date and time to begin the unmanage period. This can either be the current time or a future time.
          3. Remanage time (DateTime) - The date and time for the node to be managed again.
          4. Is relative (Boolean) - If false, then the Remanage time is interpreted in the normal way. If true, then the date portion of the remanage time is ignored and the time portion is used as the duration of the unmanage period.
          The DateTime arguments (#2 and #3) need to be in UTC, formatted according to ISO 8601. This will look like "2010-08-26T21:04:59".
          Remanage just takes one argument: the Net Object ID.
          I modified the Java sample to call Orion.Nodes.Unmanage on node 1 starting at the current time and lasting for one day. See attached. The code actually works out to be simpler than calling Orion.AlertStatus.Acknowledge because the parameters to unmanage are all simple types, unlike Acknowledge which takes an array of custom objects.